Slangs and Swear Words in Brazilian Portuguese
Learn the most common slangs and swear words in Brazilian Portuguese.
There’s no way out! If you REALLY want to understand what Brazilians say on the Internet, streets, tv, movies… You need to learn slangs and dirty words.
Maybe you don’t appreciate using slangs and swear words in your language, but the fact is that if you REALLY want to understand what people say on the streets, tv, movies etc. you may consider trying to understand some dirty words. Besides that, swear words allow us to express emotions that are not as easy to communicate.
On the other hand, some slangs and swear words are quite difficult to translate and if you are not really sure about their meaning and some people may get really offended.
Don’t you speak portuguese yet? Learn Brazilian Portuguese in 4 months with my online course.
It can be used in public with any age group.
Say it only among your friends, family and known people.
Be very careful! It’s offensive and embarrassing.
– Meu vizinho é um babaca! (My neighbor is an asshole!)
Male homossexual; fag.
The most popular word for vagina in Brazilian Portuguese.
1 – Expression of wonder or surprise:
– Caralho! Seus peitos são enormes! (Holy shit! Your boobs are huge!)
2 – It’s also used as an adjective amplifier:
– Bicho, olha isso! Elas são gostosas pra caralho! (Man, check it out! They are really hot chicks!).
– Este teste está difícil pra caralho! (This test is fucking hard!).
Very good; really nice; cool.
– Seus sapatos são da hora! (Your shoes are really nice!).
Literally: from the hour.
– Droga! Eu me cortei. (Damn it! I’ve cut myself).
Get to know my audiobook:
– Eu estou ferrado se minha mãe descobrir isso! (I’m screwed if my mom finds out that!).
Literally: to brand.
FILHO DE UMA PUTA, FILHO DA PUTA
Son of a bitch.
Literally: Son of a prostitute.
– Eu quebrei o vaso da minha mãe! Eu estou fudido! (I’ve broken my mom’s vase. I’m fucked!).
– O vendedor me fudeu com aqueles juros. (The salesman fucked me over with that interest.).
– Eu quero fuder (com) você. (I wanna fuck you).
– Vá se fuder! (Fuck off!).
Shit; damn it; trouble (deep shit).
– Eu acho que isso vai dar merda. (I think I’ll be in trouble).
– Vai à merda! (Fuck off!).
– Toda vez que eu vejo os peitos dela, eu fico de pau duro. (Everytime I see her boobs, it gives me a hard-on.).
It has a lot of meanings.
1 – Something that didn’t go as expected:
– A receita deu errado… Porra! (The recipe went wrong… Damn it!).
2 – To add negativity to a noun:
– A porra do meu professor me deu um monte de dever de casa. (That damn teacher gave me a ton of homework).”
3 – Expression of disappointment:
– Porra! Eu vou chegar atrasado de novo! (God damn it! I’ll arrive late again!).
4 – Expression of wonder:
– Porra! Você comeu tudo isso sozinho! (Oh my gosh! You’ve eaten it all alone!).
5 – Something of bad quality:
– Essa loja é uma porra! (This shop is a shit!).
6 – Inquiry:
– Que porra é essa? (What the fuck is that?).
Kiss-ass; apple polisher.
Literally: “balls puller”.
A boring person or thing.
Literally: scrotum, balls.
– Seu pai é um saco! (Your dad is boring.).
– Malhar é um saco (To work out sucks!).
Get to know my audiobook:
To make sex.
Quero transar com você. (I wanna have sex with you).